Pages

Thursday 13 September 2012

Prelimary Task

The preliminary task was to make a school magazine. The first thing I did was think up a relevant colour scheme, the audience being school children I thought it would be good to link it to the schools logo, I used the exact same shade of yellow that is used in the logo, I did this by using the colour picker tool on the logo that was in one of the pictures. I then cropped the logo from the bus by using the quick mask tool and the colour range select tool, I then decided on what font I should use, with the schools logo being a stag I thought I would give it a font that would look normal next to it, I went for  “Forte” it’s very soft and italic.
The picture is picked is like a zoomed out mid shot, I positioned this to have the school logo in sight, the boy is dressed smartly possibly could be seen as a role model to younger students that may read the magazine. At the bottom of the page I added a bar that contains important information like the issue number, date and ways to contact the magazine. Due to magazine being targeted at high school students the target audience would be 12-16, this means that social networking sites would be a great way to get in contact.

I added drop shadows to my mast head and to the school logos on each side this gives it a more 3D effect
The strapline is “Haydon’s only magazine written for STUDENTS by STUDENTS” I picked this as it will let the readers relate to the magazine. The capital letters in “students” was used to emphasise and make it stand out this could help attract possible readers, this can be seen in professional newspapers like Tabloids like “the sun” and broadsheets like “the guardian”.

No comments:

Post a Comment